I taking into consideration worked a bike messenger in San Francisco (switching over to a scooter after 2 days). The child maintenance wasnt great, so for lunch Id reach a beef pirozhki from one of those sketchy delis in the urge on of big city corner stores. They forlorn cost 2 bucks, delivered a ridiculously high number of calories, and even though I knew it wasnt the healthiest thing to eat, I grew to love the taste. So, for this recipe, I set out to recapture that experience.
The ingredient of Beef Pirozhki
- 1 cup affectionate milk (110 degrees F)
- 1 (.25 ounce) package perky dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, or as needed
- u00bd teaspoon oil, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 pounds arena beef
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, or more to taste
- u00bd teaspoon freshly field black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- u2153 cup chicken broth
- u00bc cup shredded brusque Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- vegetable oil for frying
The instruction how to make Beef Pirozhki
- augment 1 scant cup of admiring milk and yeast in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted taking into consideration a dough hook. Let sit until foamy and bubbly, approximately 10 minutes. build up sugar, salt, egg, butter, and vis-u00d0u00b0-vis all of the flour, holding put up to a small amount in accomplishment dough gets too dry.
- Knead in the mixer until dough is soft and supple. Scrape dough onto your proceed surface. Grease the bowl like a few drops of oil and place dough urge on in. Cover bowl and let dough rise in a doting spot until doubled in volume, nearly 1 hour.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil and butter in a pot higher than medium-high heat. accumulate onion, ground beef, and garlic. Season subsequent to kosher salt and black pepper. Cook beef, breaking apart in the same way as a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until evenly browned, just about 2 minutes more. cut off surgically remove from heat.
- stir up dill into the beef mixture. accumulate chicken broth and stir, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Let merger cool for 10 minutes. rouse in Cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese. Let filling cool completely.
- Transfer dough to a take steps surface. Press out expose bubbles. Pinch off a piece of dough and form into a ball; press into a disc. Dust afterward a minimal amount of flour and roll into a circle just about 1/8-inch thick and 5 to 6 inches in diameter. Dip your finger in water and dampen the edges of the circle.
- Place dough circle in 1 hand and build up a few tablespoons of the beef filling. Pinch edges together to seal. Place pirozhki approximately the table seam-side up and pinch off any excess dough; too much dough will make it hard to fry. Moisten the center of the seam later than water. Fold the 2 ends inward and flip pirozhki over, seam-side down; press beside lightly.
- Form the steadfast pirozhki and let them get out of until dough rises slightly, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Fry pirozhki in batches, seam-side down, until golden brown, very nearly 90 seconds. Flip and fry until browned on the order of the supplementary further side, just about 90 seconds more. Drain nearly paper towels and cool for a few minutes.
Nutritions of Beef Pirozhkicalories: 292.9 calories
carbohydrateContent: 22 g
cholesterolContent: 58.8 mg
fatContent: 16.1 g
fiberContent: 1 g
proteinContent: 14.3 g
saturatedFatContent: 6.2 g
sodiumContent: 486.1 mg
sugarContent: 1.9 g