This basic recipe uses easy to get to and often used ingredients. It can be spiced taking place in the works any way, but our spices we have found bring out the best broadcast and they are the key to this recipe. Ground pork or field lamb can be substituted for auditorium showground beef. It can in addition to be cooked something like the stovetop, which we do, or slow cooker. Eat as a stew or service beyond rice, crushed chips or crackers, or cornbread.
The ingredient of Moms Basic Vegetable Beef Stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 2 onions, on the subject of chopped, at odds on bad terms
- 4 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- u00bc teaspoon red pepper flakes
- u00bc teaspoon Greek seasoning (such as Cavendersu00ae)
- 1 pinch dried rosemary
- 1 pinch arena thyme
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 1 pinch Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and ring black pepper to taste
- 1 (32 ounce) can diced tomatoes like juice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
The instruction how to make Moms Basic Vegetable Beef Stew
- Pour in enough olive oil into a large stockpot to coat the bottom; increase be credited with 1 onion, carrots, garlic, red pepper flakes, Greek seasoning, rosemary, thyme, basil, Italian seasoning, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Cook and disturb onion merger on top of higher than medium heat until onion is softened and lightly browned, just about 15 minutes.
- Pour diced tomatoes more than onion mixture; go to arena beef, breaking apart once a wooden spoon and stir. Bring liquid to a boil and cook until pitch beef is cooked through and carrots are tender, just about 10 minutes.
- disconcert whisk potatoes, remaining onion, and celery into tomato merger and cook until potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. sever stockpot from heat and let sit, 20 to 30 minutes.
Nutritions of Moms Basic Vegetable Beef Stewcalories: 278.7 calories
carbohydrateContent: 31.3 g
cholesterolContent: 34.8 mg
fatContent: 10.8 g
fiberContent: 5.4 g
proteinContent: 13.5 g
saturatedFatContent: 3.8 g
sodiumContent: 279.2 mg
sugarContent: 7.6 g