This Filipino dish is wealthy in circulate due to the slow cooking of the beef like all the ingredients. The beef can be cooked to tenderness a day before, so you can skim off the fat. realize not use pressure cooker for this dish. This is a very versatile dish. It can be served afterward rice, bread or boiled potatoes.
The ingredient of Beef Asado
- 1 (4 pound) beef chuck roast, quartered
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon accumulate peppercorns, crushed
- 1 (5 ounce) jar pitted Manzanilla olives
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- u00bd cup ketchup
- 1 large red distress pepper, sliced
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon water
The instruction how to make Beef Asado
- Season the beef in imitation of salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet on top of higher than medium heat; cook the diced onion and garlic in the hot oil until softened, roughly more or less 5 minutes. Transfer the onion and garlic to a 6-quart pot. Individually brown the beef chunks in the region of all sides in the skillet and place in the pot. increase be credited with the tomatoes, crushed peppercorns, olives afterward their juice, quartered onion, bay leaves, and bouillon cubes to the pot; bring to a boil. campaign the ketchup into the mixture, cut heat to medium-low, and simmer 1 hour.
- separate the beef from the pot and set aside. mount up the red bell pepper to the mix and continue simmering complementary 30 minutes.
- While the merger continues to simmer, heat 2 tablespoons oil in the skillet. Cook the potatoes in the oil until golden brown; snappishly increase be credited with to the simmering mixture.
- Slice the meat adjoining the grain and grow to the pot; stir. Cook together unusual 5 minutes in advance serving. If the sauce is too thin, mixture combination the corn flour and water together and disturb into the sauce to thicken.
Nutritions of Beef Asadocalories: 638.6 calories
carbohydrateContent: 34.8 g
cholesterolContent: 137.8 mg
fatContent: 37.8 g
fiberContent: 5 g
proteinContent: 39.8 g
saturatedFatContent: 14 g
sodiumContent: 1194.4 mg
sugarContent: 10 g